Kourtney Kardashian passed on rented shoes in favor of her own black boots for a May 2014 bowling outing with sister Khloe Kardashian. The sport is a casual go-to for the girls, and many-a-star aiming to kick back and strike out. Sparing no details, these are the bowling alleys you, too, can have a ball at:
There are more than a dozen Bowlmor Lanes locations across eight states, including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New York, and Texas.
- Ivanka Trump celebrated the December 2014 holidays with her “amazing team” by knocking down some pins (and apparently, some shots!) at the now-closed Midtown New York location.
EST SHIBUYA BOWLING
Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- Justin Bieber and friends were at EST Shibuya Bowling in December 2015.
FULTON LANES During happy hour here, your first half hour of bowling is free and shoe rentals are complimentary! Bocce ball, foosball, and shuffleboard are also available to play.
- Solange Knowles was in the competitive spirit at Fulton Alley in August 2015, saying, “I told my son, I’m back his mom, after the game…. He won.”
HIGH ROLLERS AT THE FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO
350 Trolley Line Blvd.
Mashantucket, CT 06338-3777
(860) 312-BOWL (2696)
With 20 bowling lanes, including six VIP lanes, this Connecticut casino brings glamorous Las Vegas style to the East Coast. (A-List tip: Lanes are available on a first come, first served basis and can only be reserved if you purchase one of the venue’s packages).
- Kim Kardashian hosted the grand opening of the Foxwood Casino’s luxury bowling lanes and lounge in October 2010 and didn’t let her mile-hile Louboutins or tight mini dress stop her from taking a shot with a matching gold bowling ball.
It’s no wonder this bowling alley chain is a hit with the Hollywood crowd, as its roots to Tinseltown run deep — the bar at its first location was made out of lane #7 from the iconic Hollywood Star Lanes.
- Ian Ziering snapped a shot of daughter Penna Mae sitting on a bowling ball at Lucky Strike Live in November 2015 and said, “This is how I role… PMZ in the house.”
- Adrian Grenier grabbed a green ball at the Hollywood location and got in a “Quick bowl before tonight’s #goldenglobes festivities” in January 2015.
- Jamie Chung scored a 140 and grabbed a beer while bowling in December 2014.
- Justin Bieber played against Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson at the Bellevue, Washington location in May 2014.
- Diggy Simmons hosted his Sweet Sixteen at the New York location in 2011.
- Kim Kardashian was on a Lucky Strike roll back in 2008, heading to the LA location multiple times with various combinations of friends and family.
There are more than a dozen Lucky Strike locations across the U.S.
291 Queen St.
Auckland, New Zealand
(+09) 377 6737 ext. 1
Some of the lanes here have a Route 66 theme going, making it a fun atmosphere for the whole family. Prices for your first game (including shoes!) range between $13 and $15, depending on the time of day you go.
- When here in August 2014, Harry Shum, Jr. teased, “I don’t bowl much but when I do, I like to score below 50.”
33 Peabody St.
Nashville, TN 37210
For forty bucks an hour, you get access to a reclaimed wood lane, balls, and shoes, but Nashville, Tennessee’s Pinewood Social says whether you’re an A-lister or not, “it’s up to you to bring your A game.”
- Reese Witherspoon and her team celebrated the launch of her lifestyle website, Draper James, at Pinewood Social in May 2015.
- Reese Witherspoon celebrated her 38th birthday with her mom and friends here in March 2014.
- Scotty McCreery marked a gold record here in March 2014.
PINZ BOWLING CENTER
12655 Ventura Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 91604
- Robert Pattinson and Zac Efron had a boys bowling night here in July 2014.
- Liam Hemsworth is somewhat of a regular, having been here in March 2012 and September 2013.
- Justin Bieber rolled through in September 2013.
- Joe Jonas followed up an April 2011 bowling night with brother Nick Jonas with a return visit in June 2011.
With fine dining and premium drink options, Splitsville Lanes prides itself on being “not your typical bowling alley.” Games cost $12 per person if you catch an early bird special, or $15 to $20 per person during other times of the day. Splitsville Lanes locations are in Florida, Massachusetts, Texas, and Virginia.
- Fans were excited when John Stamos appeared to post a picture from outside the Orlando location in January 2015.
Whether you’re throwing a party here or dropping in on a day off, there’s a whole lot of fun to be had at Australia’s Strike bowling centers, which also offer laser tag and karaoke.
- Angelina Jolie entertained all six Jolie-Pitt kids at the Moore Park, Sydney, Australia bowling and laser tag location in September 2013.
There are lots of Strike Bowling locations all across Australia.
A photo posted by Bridget Marquardt (@bridgetmarquardt) on
This gaming parlor and cocktail lounge is located on the mezzanine level of the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. It’s open from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily, except for Tuesday.