- When Billie Lourd ate here in June 2017, she said, “#yougottaricotta” about her “#toastwiththemost.”
- In May 2017, Kiernan Shipka said she was “Shaking things up” with her avocado-topped order.
- Kiernan Shipka ordered the sorrel pesto rice bowl with a side of avocado in April 2017 and asked, “You never get old, do you?”
- During an April 2017 “#lunchdate” here, Tiffani Thiessen‘s “epic meal” included “The Chicken & rice porridge with @marinsunfarms chicken, Kokuho brown rice, dried lime, ginger, turmeric, cardamom ghee, frizzled onions, cilantro, and a poached egg,” a dish she declared is “my favorite.”
- Tiffani Thiessen ate here in March 2017 and said, “When your foodie friend @jenniferlover comes to town your table looks like this:” covered with dishes, including the avocado toast ($9), brioche toast ($5), and mosque breakfast sandwich ($13).
- Emily Ratajkowski crowned Sqirl’s toast the “Best toast in LA” when she had it in January 2017.
- In January 2017, Kiernan Shipka‘s table here was covered by “The new kids in town” — two delicious dishes that appeared to be the long-cooked chicken + rice porridge with a poached egg and the mosca breakfast sandwich.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson ordered brown rice porridge ($7.50) when he did “Bkfst @sqirlla” with Justin Mikita in December 2016.
- Busy Philipps said her daughters were “Just a couple of Silverlake hipsters” when they were eating outside Sqirl in December 2015.
- Kiernan Shipka is a regular at Sqirl — she’s been checking in here since October 2014 and seems to most enjoy its “Breakfast of champs” French toast ($9-$11), “Heavenly porridge” ($8), “Peach and strawberry jam” with the famed ricotta toast ($7), and “Crispy rice” salad ($9).