Not even Kim Kardashian and Kanye West could resist a cliché camera pose in front of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil when they visited in February 2013. You’ve seen these kinds of photos before — travelers who’ve lined up shots to push against the Leaning Tower of Pisa or touch the top of the Taj Mahal, and it turns out, when celebrities are taking an escape, they, too, can’t escape these Kodak moments at famous landmarks around the world. Sometimes, an awesome snapshot is the best souvenir, so here’s some inspiration for your next vacation image:
ANNE FRANK HOUSE
- Beyoncé in March 2014 — The singer and husband Jay Z spent more than an hour inside the hiding place turned museum for famous Holocaust victim Anne Frank and made sure to sign the guest book to mark their visit.
- Justin Bieber in April 2013 — In town for his own tour, Justin and friends took a tour of the Anne Frank House and left these words in its guest book: “Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber.”
- Beyoncé in March 2014 — Queen Bey had the City of Light’s crown jewel in the palm of her hand while in the country for her Mrs. Carter World Tour.
- Jessica Alba in March 2014 — It’s tough to get a full-length shot of the tower and still see your subjects’ faces, so Jess and friends opted for a bit of both and managed to get this pretty good shot.
GREAT WALL OF CHINA
- Hugh Jackman in October 2013 — Hugh hit up the “awesome” Great Wall on the first day of his promotional trip to the “incredible” Beijing for his film, The Wolverine.
- Justin Bieber in October 2013 — Propped up on the shoulders of his bodyguards, the Biebs toured this historical border like a true pop star.
LEANING TOWER OF PISA
- Katy Perry posed a cheeky photo with the Leaning Tower of Pisa in February 2015 and said she “nailed it.”
- Heidi Klum in March 2014 — I’ll assume Ms. Klum exhibited model behavior by not using a flash when she snapped this pic of the one and only Mona Lisa and captioned it with, “looking at you . . . looking at me!”
- Beyoncé and Jay Z in March 2014 — The couple cozied up for a picture perfect enough to be on display inside the very museum they’re standing in front of.
PIKE PLACE MARKET
Seattle, Washington, USA
- Jessica Alba with her make-up artist and The Honest Company coworkers in July 2013 — The group gathered for a fun photo at one of the country’s oldest continuously operated public farmers’ markets.
- In September 2015, Bar Refaeli put her hands on the Western Wall — also known as the Wailing Wall — and said, “Make a wish.”
- Mariah Carey and both her kids were “at The Wall” in June 2015 — the singer called the site “#amazing.”
- Mayim Bialik spotted a bird during her “Western Wall moment” in June 2015.
- “From the window…to the wall” is what Chelsea Handler captioned her selfie at the Western Wall in January 2015. She added, “Jerusalem is for lovers. Are you there Oprah? It’s me, chesty.”
- Justin Timberlake was here in May 2014 — The dividing line between Israel and Palestine gave the pop star pause. He reflected, “what an experience. I will never forget this day.”